NOTES by Grace
1. I [Grace] went to the B&B and Daniel and Camille came over. We admired her hairdo.
Christopher and I went to Daniel and Camille's apartment, where we saw how well the quilt fit in.
Christopher typed up his welcome and printed out maps.
2. The rehearsal dinner [was] at the Vietnamese crab restaurant.
3. We met before the wedding at the Pelican Inn where the reception was held (in the part to the right in the parking lot). Virginia, Camille's mother, had ordered leis for us from Hawaii.They were orchids, color coordinated for the bridal party -- and, as it turned out-- for Ben and me. The bouquets and flowers at the reception were also tropical and gorgeous.
Deborah, Virginia's sister and Camille's aunt, was deputized for a day to act as officiant at the wedding.
4. In the group picture, which shows the place where the reception was held, the people are, from left:
Ethan Friendly (Daniel's cousin, who's almost exactly his age), Martha Friendly (Jessica's sister and Ethan's mother), Ron, Ethan (Jessica's husband), Lucy and Josh. (Jessica and Ethan's children -- Josh is Nate's age).
5. These show Muir woods and the approach to the grove where the wedding was held. Ben and Angela are in the parking lot. [Nate] was pushed in a wheel chair some of the way, but the bumps hurt, and he did as much as he could on crutches.
6. The ceremony was held in a little theater which is also used as an outdoor classroom. The huge tree in the background had obviously been through forest fires and had wonderful bark -- sorry about the blur-- really low light. Christopher welcomed people. Daniel and Camille wrote very touching vows. ...
7. After the ceremony everyone went to Muir beach for pictures. This was a truly heroic effort for [Nate]. It was beautiful. Ron asked a man to take a picture of the whole group and he said "Ham that I am, I'm about to propose, and what could be a better background than a wedding party!" Later we saw him go down on one knee and then he turned around and gave a thumbs up. We cheered.
I forgot to mention before that Camille's sister, Noelle, is the brides maid.
The two people in the foreground of the view with the hillside, which gives a sense of the terrain, are Camille's uncle Rick, and the boyfriend of Camille's best friend Mimi, who caught the bouquet.
8. The reception was back at the Pelican Inn, a country pub. The food was good.
The reception was in a rather small room, which meant that the Stephane-Grapelli-ish group, which was good, was rather loud. There was limited room for dancing, but Camille and Dan got in a dance and Angela and Ron wowed the crowd.